Doug's Powersports Unlimited

Doug’s Powersports Unlimited

Posted by  //  May 17, 2011  //  Local Business

If your summer recreational activities include making waves with a personal watercraft or exploring the countryside on an ATV or the all new Commander or cruising the roads on a Can-Am SPYDER, Doug’s Powersports Unlimited has the ride for you!

Doug’s Powersports carries Can-Am ATVs, SPYDERS and Sea-Doo personal watercraft, as well as trailers, parts, and accessories. You can also find a full line of aftermarket parts and accessories for most makes and models, including Suzuki and Yamaha. Doug’s Powersports also provides service and repair for most makes and models.

Doug's Powersports Unlimited

So how do Can-Am ATVs and Sea-Doo watercraft rate with respect to customer satisfaction?

“Customer satisfaction is great with the Can-Am ATVs,” states Doug Clark, owner of Doug’s Powersports Unlimited. “We haven’t had anyone yet who has purchased an ATV return to our store and want to switch brands. And people who purchase Sea-Doo personal watercrafts like them so much that they simply upgrade to the latest Sea-Doos and the Can-Am SPYDERS speak for themselves!”

Doug Clark first started his business in 1980. At that time, the store was located on Route 11, near A.B. Brown’s, and was called Doug’s Speed and Automotive. The store originally carried parts and accessories and used units, and provided service and repairs. Doug moved his business to its current location at 4019 Route 281, Cortland, in October, 2001. Since making the move, Doug’s Powersports has been happy to carry the best of the best: Can-Am ATVs and Can-Am SPYDERS, Sea-Doo personal watercraft, and Ski-Doo snowmobiles.

Doug's Powersports Unlimited

“We have a very good track record with our customers,” Doug says. “I estimate that about 90% of our customers leave here satisfied with our repair and service work. The other 10% are usually customers that come in with older units and request specific repairs or service work. These older units often need additional repairs or service that the customer does not request or cannot afford. In these cases, our mechanic, Todd Lyndaker, will execute the requested work, but will also explain to the customer the additional service or repairs that would be necessary to bring the unit back to optimum working order.” Todd Lyndaker is Doug’s Powersports’ Service Manager. “Todd was already a certified technician with ten to twelve years experience when he first started working here,” Doug explains. “Having fewer mechanics is sometimes better than having many,” he continues. “This way, Todd knows exactly what work has been done to a particular unit. There are no guessing games as to what work has been done to a unit by other mechanics.”

And what about pricing?

“We take advantage of rebates and discounts in order to try to stay competitive with pricing,” Doug says, “But the bottom line is that we provide a good product. People may buy here, regardless of pricing, due to our good reputation, and customers know we will take good care of them.”

Doug's Powersports Unlimited

So if you are in the market for an ATV, Can-Am SPYDER or personal watercraft this summer, or have one that needs to be serviced, stop in at Doug’s Powersports and see what Doug has to offer. And if you are thinking ahead to fun in the snow next winter, don’t forget that Doug’s carries Ski-Doo snowmobiles and a full line of aftermarket parts and accessories for Ski-Doo and most makes and models of snowmobiles, and offers repairs and service for most makes and models, as well. You can also reach Doug’s Powersports at (607) 753-1263, or check out Doug’s web site at Enjoy your summer – get outside with Doug’s Powersports Unlimited! Doug’s hours are Monday through Friday 9-6, Tuesday and Thursday 9-7 and Saturday 9-3. Doug’s will be closed Memorial Day on Monday, May 31st. Doug’s Powersports wishes everyone a safe and happy Memorial Day.

[mappress mapid=”33″]

Leave a Comment

comm comm comm