The 41st Annual LaFayette Apple Festival
The 41st annual LaFayette Apple Festival will be held Columbus Day Weekend, October 12th from 9am – 6pm and the 13th from 9am – 5pm (NOT the 5th & 6ththat is being advertised). The Festival, regarded as one of the most widely attended events in Central New York, continues its tradition of offering quality exhibitors, food and entertainment. Some highlights of this year’s festival include:
· Bumper crop and wide variety of apples and cider for sample and sale.
· Almost 400 unique crafters.
· Admission is still reasonably priced at $5.00 per person, 12 and under free.
· Excellent choice of food on-site with proceeds benefiting over 15 local community, civic and church groups.
· Assortment of carnival rides for young and old.
· Daily entertainment (For entertainment schedule contact Esther LaClair @ 677-3644)
· Pie Baking Contest on Friday the11th at 6:15pm (for more information contact Corinne Kurgan at 677-3745)
· Scarecrow Contest with judging on Saturday the 12th at 12noon (contact Esther LaClair @ 677-3644)
· Apple Festival Queen and King contest, Saturday, October 5th at 7:00pm, at the LaFayette High School (contact Sarah Dadey @ 751-3839).
· Free parking shuttle trolleys from parking lots to festival grounds. Priority seating for senior citizens and those individuals needing extra assistance.
· The Apple Run is back. The run consists of a 1 mile fun run and a 15k USATF certified road race. In addition to the fun run and 15k, this year there will also be a 5k road race. For more information contact Bill McConnell @ 391-8167.
AS ALWAYS, THERE WILL BE A VARIETY OF APPLES TO SAMPLE PROVIDED BY THE SENIOR CITIZENS AND FRESH PRESSED CIDER.
Directions: Route 81 to exit 15; take Route 20 west 2 miles to the Festival grounds. Free parking onsite including handicapped parking.
Less traveled routes: Route 20 from east (Skaneateles, Marcellus, etc). Festival grounds are 2 miles east of Route 80, or Route 11A north from Tully and points south.
For additional information go to the LaFayette Apple Festival website atlafayetteapplefest.org
Reminder to festival goers – NO pets allowed.